Stress Management Coping Skills – Natural Remedy For Effective Stress Management
Whether you are commuting every day to work, feeling financial stress, overworked and can’t relax, stress can take its toll on different organs in the body and stress management coping skills are essential. Particularly the adrenals, the small glands above the kidneys in the back of the body.
One of the first signs of adrenal burnout is deep fatigue. The fatigue that doesn’t go away even from a good night’s sleep. Other kinds of stress, like job related stress that I hear from people causes them to overeat, is also included as well as worry and anxiety.
Let’s break it down into body, mind and soul when dealing with stress management coping skills. In this way, I will share with you some practices that I’ve incorporated into my life and share with clients daily.
Good Health Habits Lead To Great Stress Management
For the body:
- B vitamins– B100 from Blue Bonnett is an excellent support for stress as it contains all the B’s in 100 mgs. B vitamins are the first to be depleted in the body under stress as they are water soluble and wash out the quickest even if you are taking a multivitamin.
- Royal Jelly– a B vitamin super-food- I love this for women in the honey form as it also acts as a great anti-aging remedy. After all, the “queen bee’ lives the longest in the hive and this is what she eats! Great for the skin and replenishing energy. I like to eat it 1/2 tsp as a sweet after a meal 2x day. It should not be heated or used in a tea, just eaten alone out of the jar.
- Adrenal Support– Herbs and Bovine Extract
- Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Holy Basil , Licorice Root– a combination in Ortho Molecular products; Adren-All
- Hatha Yoga Postures
- Viparita Karani– The mother of all poses, it is said in Hatha Yoga. This is a “restorative” pose. It replenishes energy within five minutes. You sit against a wall and put your feet and legs up the wall and your back on the floor- in an L shape. The blood flow returns to the heart and recirculates in this way. Do not do with High blood pressure.
Natural Calming Remedies:
- Valerian Root for worry or unable to sleep
- Lemon Balm 300-5oo mg daily for fear or anxiety
- Passion Flower for nervousness, dry mouth= 1 tsp herb drink 3x daily
- Calm– magnesium drink before bedtime,
Essential oils- wearing essential oils is a powerful way to relieve stress and also get oxygenating benefits to our bodies. Dis-ease is the loss of oxygen, so why not wear these gifts from nature to uplift ourselves? The Egyptians did, and they were first medicine known to man.
Some good ones are Lavender, chamomile, orange oil, tangerine, rose. Go with the scent that appeals to you – allow your intuition to lead the way.
Finding Effective Stress Management Activities For A Better Life
I love to use an aromatherapy nebulizer in my home and practice with energy healing. Scents have a powerful effect on the limbic part of the brain, which controls emotions and many other bodily functions like the hormones. So let yourself breathe them in- simple.Essential oils are also anti-viral, anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-parasitic, so they make a great preventative practice and they are so enjoyable. You can’t go wrong choosing one.
Taking a DEEP breath oxygenates the body and brings us back to the present moment. In this way, we can access how we are feeling and make a conscious decision to let go of what we can’t control.
This is powerful and relieved so much stress as so much of the worry is things we can’t control, anyway. So doing what’s best for now is liberating.
Get a massage, do some tai chi- dance, paint, watch the birds.. do these things that you love for ten minutes a day.. I just got a hoolahoop for the summer!!Go to see a funny movie! Enjoy each day as a gift.
Gedaliah Genin PhD Natural Health/Energy Medicine www.gedaliahhealingarts.com