Lemon Benefits And Side Effects: How Much Lemon Water Should You Drink A Day?
Being an avid drinker of water, when I first heard about lemons being able to remove fat from the liver. I made sure always to ask for a lemon with my water in restaurants. Make sure to ask for the sliced lemon,then squeeze it yourself and never drop it in the water like many, you never know where that lemon has been or if it’s even washed.
But now, after learning all the benefits of having lemon juice, little did I know just how many there are! I have incorporated it in my daily routine. Half a lemon squeezed every morning with a cup of warm water.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and potassium. They also have natural terpenes (natural cleaning agents) with some anti cancer effects –in prevention and possibly even treatment. Lets look at some benefits and some facts about Lemons:
Lemon, 1 fruit (with peel)
- Calories: 22
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Fiber: 5g
*Excellent Source of: Vitamin C (83.16mg)
*Good Source of: Copper (0.28mg)
Preparation, Uses, & Tips
To extract more juice, lemons should be brought to room temperature or rolled under the palm of your hand on a flat surface before slicing. Sprinkle lemon juice on cut produce to prevent oxidation (browning.) Use in salad dressings or as a vinegar substitute, on seafood, in hot or cold water and tea, as garnish, and seasoning. Lemons can be used to make sorbet, marmalade, pudding, and cakes. In sauces, lemon zest, juice, or pieces give a refreshing flavor and make an attractive garnish.
- Boost your immune system with the Vit c in Lemons.
- The potassium is great for heart and brain function.
- They aid in digestion relieving heartburn, burping and gas.
- The fiber in them helps fight hunger and flushes the fat from the liver.
- Fights viral infections, warm lemon water is the most effective way to diminish viral infections and sore throats.
- Restore ph balance.
- Detoxify parasites.
- Acne be gone!! you can also apply it topically and let it dry on acne, eczema and blackheads. Rinse off the residue with a mixture of olive oil and water.
- Bug Bites..To repel insects, add 20 drops of lemon oil to 1 cup of water and spray into the air. It smells great and repels insects at the same time. Home remedy – place a cotton ball soaked in lemon oil in your bedroom. If outside, apply lemon scent to skin areas not covered. Or, add 10 drops of lemon oil to 1 ½ oz of tea tree oil and rub into the skin.
- Varicose Veins-since they are a great source of vitamin c, pectin fiber, and bioflavonoids they can have tremendous benefits to the skin, blood vessels, bones, heart, arteries and building collagen.
- For spider veins, mix 2 to 3 drops of lemon essential oil with jojoba, avocado or almond oil and massage the affected area.
- Anti-cancerous benefits from limonene in the skin. Best way to get these benefits, is to blend a whole lemon with any other fruit juice or vegetable juice.
A Lemon a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!!